Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mariel's first day pictures


This is a frozen root of some variety. A ROOTSICLE!


These looked like a group of women gossiping or whatever groups of women do.


The bark had ridiculous texture which I tried to capture.

I tried to focus on texture mostly, but I also tried to incorporate composition and all of the other fun elements of photography that we discussed in class. (These were taken Wednesday at the "cypress swamp" in Dawe's Arboretum if anyone cares/is interested!)

4 comments:

  1. The second photo is my favorite! I appreciate how you tell stories of the nature in your own way. And where is the swamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the first photo. the contrast between the texture of the root and the ice, between cool and warm, and between frozen and alive makes it really engaging.

    - brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you played with camera angles and point of view in the first two photos. While my eyes are drawn to the "group of women" and the frozen root, the background has so much texture.
    ~Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images Mariel - fabulous textures and solid compositions. Ice is an amazing sculptural entity to be photographed! SAW

    ReplyDelete